Adsorption and wet well irradiator sampling

Oh, help. No one seems to know what happened to our copy of Quest when the computer surplus madness hit our office. So...

I'm trying to find information on the adsorption of cobalt-60 (or metals in general) in sample container walls. I'm specifically interested in original work done that may shed some light on the question "How much activity is lost if we are looking for subpicocurie/ml levels and analyzing the sample within hours rather than days or weeks and don't acidify the sample?" If anyone has a line on this, please let me know (privately).

Rick Edwards, Analyst
The Boeing Company
richard.w.edwards@boeing.com