Re: physicians [think they] know everything

At 07:31 04.06.1999 -0500, you wrote:
>See attached NRC Event Report.
>
>Could someone from the Washington Department of Health, Division of
>Radiation
>Protection provide additional information?
>
>e.g., How's the cat?

Is there no I-131 available in Alaska? I always thought that temperature
would not effect the half life.......

This is another occasion, where one single person is negligant with
radiation protection and regulations and then the mass media make a mess
about it, not accusing one person of having failed to observe regulations,
but accusing "radioactivity" in common.

It really is unnecessary to give the "anti-nuclears" this kind of
ammunition for their campaigns. Whatever the dose to the people involved
would be - if it is not legal, it is prohibited! If one would take a loaded
gun to the airplane and would not intend to hijack the plane, he or she
(would a woman do something like this?) has to be aware that this is
prohibited and would be sentenced to several years to think over the
correctness of doing so.....

Franz

Franz Schoenhofer
Habicherg. 31/7
A-1160 Vienna
Austria
Tel.: +43-1-495 53 08
Fax.: same number
mobile phone: +43-664-338 0 333
e-mail: schoenho@via.at

Office:
Hofrat Dr. Franz Schönhofer
Federal Institute for Food Control and Research
Department of Radiochemistry
Kinderspitalg. 15
A-1095 Vienna
Austria