Re: physicians [think they] know everything

"Further actions are forth coming by Federal agencies. The item is in decay
storage."

-- How long does it will be taken  considering the information: "The cat is
14 years old, can't keep down the normal medicine. It's only hope is I-131
therapy"?   -- OK  Federal agencies will investigate this unusual occurrence
(error) and should act accordingly, however the cat,  how long he needs to
wait for the bureaucratic solution?;

According with  the concept of Safety Culture: IAEA BSS 2.28, page 24 (b),
"problems affecting protection and safety shall be promptly identified and
corrected in a manner commensurate with their importance";

c)The doctor did a mistake,  the violation needs to be  enforced, however
and the cat? -- I hope for a quickly solution; to the doctor my sympathy
too. I do believe that the doctor  took into account  a  balance on risk x
benefit  and he sincerely did not see any situation that could  give rise to
a risk to passengers, but rather only that one that could benefit his cat;

Lesson learned:  If you are a doctor, do not bring a few mCi of liquid I-131
into the US on a plane to treat any  cat for a thyroid problem without previous
communication with the  Competent Authorities to know about formalities.

J. J. Rozental
josrozen@netmedia.net.il