RE: State of MD seeks to close local firm

Perhaps there is more to the story than the one line we see concerning the
neutron dose.  That could just be one of many examples of mismanagement.

Any of us would draw the ire of our regulators if we approached 90% of any
regualatory limit.  Were any compensatory actions taken before this point or
was it an unknown condition found during an audit?  Either way, I'm sure
everyone's facility has catch mechanisms that should kick before getting so
close to a limit.

I actually think the mention of the dose typically received during chest
x-rays actually provides balance to the story that the public can actually
relate to.  That one-liner is actually both the truth and best hysteria
prevention at the same time.

I don't think there is enough information here to say whether or not this
facility is being unfairly characterized.

Sincerely,
Glen Vickers
glen.vickers@ucm.com