RE: State of MD seeks to close local firm

Are the individuals wearing dosimetry or is this "dose received" really a
fenceline dose based on 365 days/24 hrs annual total.=100 mrem ie
(hypothetical dose for someone who spent every hour at the facility boundary?

"The exposure to any resident of Dickerson is equivalent to the dose
received by
any resident of Denver or any average flight attendant," said James D.
Dalrymple, an attorney for Neutron, referring to the higher levels of
radiation
naturally found at higher altitudes.

What are these average values (Denver/flight attendant)?
Are residents of Dickerson receiving  Denver-like annual doses from
Neutron? I have seen estimates for Denver of three times the background at
sea level or approximately 900 millirem from cosmic/terrestial/radon
combined. (references not handy)

Roger Sawyer
Univ. of Houston
rsawyer@uh.edu