RE: State of MD seeks to close local firm

My understanding is that 100 mrem (not including background) is the limit a
member of the public should receive from all sources combined. Therefore,
if this company is giving the receptor almost the whole 100 mrem, that
doesn't leave much dose from other sources before the individual will
receive a dose that exceeds the recommended limit.

Phil Egidi
ORNL/GJ
7pe@ornl.gov