Re: State of MD seeks to close local firm

>Chest x-rays -- a new unit of risk.

Yes, a very effective one, because average people have undergone this
treatment several times and they did not feel any health problems
afterwards and they were not afraid of it either. My experience is that
people who were extremely afraid about the consequences of Chernobyl in
Austria calmed down, when I explained to them that the dose (nobody knew,
what this was....) over the first year was in the range of the dose
received from a single chest x-ray.

Franz

Franz Schoenhofer
Habicherg. 31/7
A-1160 Vienna
Austria
Tel.: +43-1-495 53 08
Fax.: same number
mobile phone: +43-664-338 0 333
e-mail: schoenho@via.at

Office:
Hofrat Dr. Franz Schönhofer
Federal Institute for Food Control and Research
Department of Radiochemistry
Kinderspitalg. 15
A-1095 Vienna
Austria