Re: Occupational vs. Medical Exposures

Just my two cents:
    As per 10 CFR 35 (definitions) a misadministration occurred if;

"(6) A diagnostic radiopharmaceutical   dosage, other than quantities
greater than 30 microcuries of either sodium iodide I - 125 or I - 131,
both:

(i) Involving the wrong individual, wrong radiopharmaceutical   , wrong
route of administration, or when the administered dosage differs from the
prescribed dosage; and

(ii) When the dose to the individual exceeds 5 rems effective dose
equivalent or 50 rems dose equivalent to any individual organ."

Seems to me that the NRC does regulate the dose to the patient in those
cases where you administer a radiuonuclide   other than I-131 and I-125 for
diagnostic purpose to the wrong patient and with enough activity as to meet
(ii).

Only and solely my opinion;
Nestor