Re: Occupational vs. Medical Exposures

sandyfl@earthlink.net writes:

<< I thought that 10CFR35 would regulate the dose that the patient would
 receive due to the activity administered? I will go back and review
 Part 35... >>

The only other section of Part 35 which may be tangentially related to
"regulating" dose is the misadministration rule....HOWEVER, the
misadministration rule does not in any way prescribe the activity to be
administered, it only requires reporting to the agency if the administered
activity varies by a certain percentage from the prescribed activity.

In addition, while a facility may be cited for violating procedures or
regulations RESULTING in the misadministration, or for not reporting the
misadministration when required, they would not for the misadministration in
and of itself.

Barbara Hamrick
BLHamrick@aol.com