RE: Radioactive Effluent Goals

It seems that many of the goals at power plants are shifting from being
based on a percentage of a regulatory limit to how well they are doing
relative to their peers in the industry.  Everyone operates so far below the
regulatory limit, that it isn't an effective indicator as to how good you
are.  If the top quartile plants operate at 2% of some limit, then you know
where your goal is going to be.  I think you should also have performance
goals for all of the areas in which INPO is interested as a minimum.  That
should give you a solid foundation to start from.  The INPO evaluation has
become more important than most people would have envisioned 10 years ago.

glen
nuclear power hp
glen.vickers@ucm.com