re: 2 mr in an hour limit

>For I-131 inpatients that has been administered therapeutic dose, does the
>2-mrem/hr limit for the general public apply in the adjacent room?
>
>Thanks in advance for your assistance.
>
>Malek Chatila
>American University of Beirut

Sure does.  When I worked at the VA, we used to leave the adjacent room
vacant.  We also had to use shields occasionally for the first day post
admin..  Oh, and the limit is 2 mrem in any hour, which is different than 2
mr/hr (dose compared to dose rate).  This may or may not be important
depending on the size of the room, the amount of time the patient is near a
boundary, etc..

Patrick Muldoon, CHP
pmuldoon@mail.arc.nasa.gov