Re: Greenpeace Urges Chernobyl Changes

Dear Radsafers:
    Just my opinion, but ever since GASPROM turned the gas off (as well as
electricity) 4 or 5 years ago to Ukraine during a very cold January, causing
major disruptions to their economy (see the World Bank reports on
infrastructural damage), the Ukrainians are understandably nervous about
having their economic survival dependent on Russian natural gas.  I don't
blame them for staying with nuclear.
    And as to NatGas being safer, there were very many granmas and kids who
were a high risk because of lack of heat during a very bitter winter.  I
think that the Greenies "forgot" about them.

Just my opinion!

D. McCarn
dwmccarn@aol.com