RE: Late charges for unreturned badges

We have a badge due date of the 12th of the month.  Late fees are $2 per
day.  Lost badge fees are $22.  We reserve the option of suspending someone
work with radiation or radioactive materials if someone loses their badge
until the badge is found or a dose estimate performed.  This is only really
a concern with Radiology and Cardiac Catheterization Lab because of their
relatively high doses.  Implementing late fees may or may not help with late
and lost badges, depending on whether or not the people charged have large
budgets.  Some groups just don't seem to care.

Andy

P. Andrew Karam, CHP
Radiation Safety Officer
University of Rochester
(716) 275-1473 (voice)
(716) 256-0365 (fax)
andrew_karam@urmc.rochester.edu

There is no Chase so pleasant, methinks, as to drive a Thought, by good
conduct, from one end of the World to the other; and never to lose sight
of it till it fall into Eternity, where all things are lost as to our
knowledge.  T. Burnet, The Theory of the Earth, 1697