Re:Background Radiation

I've got a detector user's manual (won't mention company here) that quotes
background by state in uR/hr - average background for Washington state is listed
as 9.96 uR/hr. The reference it quotes is "Population Exposure to External
Natural Radiation Background in the USA" by T. Bogen and S. Goldin, EPA
technical note P/SPED-80-12, April 1981. Sorry, I don't have that reference here
on the shelf.

Of course, there's no substitute for actual measurements. I'd think somebody at
Hanford would have plenty of such data.

Elizabeth Algutifan
Weldon Spring Site Remedial Action Project
St. Charles, Missouri
Elizabeth_Algutifan@wssrap-host.wssrap.com