Re: Scary X-rays?!

The risk-estimating coefficients are, also, linearly extrapolated from very
high doses/doserates to  low doses/doserates. Does anyone really believe
that the risk for a population of 100,000 people, receiving 10,000,000
person-rem (100 rem each), as a high doserate, is the same as that for a
population of, say, 10,000,000 people receiving the same collective dose,
at relatively low doserates? Let's not even open the question of hormesis.

chris a.
alstonc@odrge.odr.georgetown.edu