RE: P-32 exposure

          Your concerns are justified.  We have had a number of
          investigators labeling cells with large (>40 mCi) of P-32 and did
          work with them to reduce their hand exposure.

          I would suggest looking into the possibility of P-33.  If that is
          not an option I would focus more on the handling of the petri
          dishes that the stock vial.  The use of remote tools is possible
          but it can be difficult and spills may be more likely.  We had
          them work inside a 0.5" Plexiglas work station and then use remote
          tools for all practical manipulations.  We removed the waste as
          soon as it was generated (because it sat inside the workstation).

          The fabrication of a slanted dish holder is good too.  To pipette
          the solution one would normally hold the dishes while tipping them
          in one direction to concentrate the liquid for easy pipetting.  If
          the dish holder is already slanted then they can keep their hands
          off it for longer periods.

          Just some suggestions...

          William A. Lorenzen
          Children's Hospital