RE: DOE & Accelerator Qualifications

Another very good certification program that is getting a lot of national
attention is the Certified Hazardous Materials Manager of CHMM.  The
certification program is run by an independent organization called the
Institute of Hazardous Materials Managers and their website is
http://www.ihmm.org.  You'll find all the information you need to become
certified.

Most CHMMs have organized into local chapters which are located throughout
the country, right now there are nearly 50 such chapters.  A separate (from
the Institute) organization called the Academy of Certified Hazardous
Materials Managers (ACHMM) was created to provide a national organizational
structure and services to the local chapters.  The Academy web site is
http://www.achmm.org.  I have been involved in my local chapter since its
inception and right now there are over 9,000 CHMM's.

If you need any additional information, don't hesitate to call or e-mail me.

Rick Latsch
Senior Environmental Analyst
Radiological Services
Monticello Nuclear Plant