Cf-252 neutron rate

Radsafers,

Looking for a little help on the neutron emission rate for a Cf-252
source.  We are attempting to calculate the dose rate from a 3.3 mCi
source.  Calculating the gamma dose rate is not a problem, but I'm
looking for a good neutron emission rate from spontaneous fission to
calculate the neutron dose rate.

Rad Health Handbook (black) Table 7.2 lists 1.0 E+6 n/sec-Ci

Rad Health Handbook (black) Table 7.9 lists 2.3 E+12 n/sec-g and 536
Ci/g = 4.3 E+9 n/sec-Ci

Rad Health Handbook (black) Table 7.5 is confusing but tends to agree
with Table 7.9

Can anybody out there help me with the "real" neutron emission rate of
Cf-252? Table 7.2 and 7.9 differ by a factor of >1000

Thanks in advance,

David Hyder
Health Physicist
David_S_Hyder@rl.gov