RE: 30 U.S. Nuclear Plants Still Need Y2K Fix - Agency

OK, let's get serious about this.  1980 being part of the 80's has
nothing to do with when the millenium ends. Scientifically, a millenium
is 1000 years.  Unless we counted the first year A.D. as "year zero" (we
didn't), the year 2000 is the 1000th year of the second millenium.  If
you want to party in honor of "the left hand digit changed from a 1 to a
2", that's as good a reason as any - but it aint a millenium.

Les Aldrich
l_k_ii_Les_Aldrich@rl.gov