Re: Intentional Use of Radionuclides for Harm

Amen, Richard!  WE are the (only) source of the public's distrust - because we
require "perfection" for trivia that can't be achieved - we're human. But we act
to respond to trivial concerns that only "prove" that the risks are not trivial.
WE expend massive resources for trivial effects (like your doctor putting you in
ICU for a cold).  We'd question that - at least if it came out of our own
pockets!

The anti's couldn't successfully feed the public fear about trivial doses - if
they couldn't quote ICRP/NCRP/EPA/NRC/DOE etc. etc.  IF EPA/DOE/NRC were not
producing extreme standards for D&D and waste disposal, for their own 'profit,'
etc.

I'd only add to your statement that the unfounded fear expressed by radiation
workers is the direct result of being less than adequately trained/informed
about radiation and its hazards by the responsible parties - We the rad
protectionists, the 'trainers'. They are victims of OUR failures.

Thanks Richard.

Regards, Jim Muckerheide
muckerheide@mediaone.net