Re: therapeutic I-131 dose given to wrong patient

That's exactly why the Quality Management Program requires identification by
two means, not including calling out a name and taking the person who
responds.  Patients always laugh when I ask to see a driver's license before
giving a therapy dose.  Then when the physician comes in I ask them if this
is the patient they intend to treat.  They happen to be Radiation Oncologists
where the taking of Polaroid pictures is common practice to identify
patients.  It happens, mistakes are made, esp. in the case of language
problems.  Those are the times when extra caution is needed.