Re: Paduca Pu

This was the 1970's.  The AEC-ERDA-DOE Manuals were in place.  We had the dose
limits and monitoring requirements.  If the facility management had a culture
which condoned not following established requirements, that was wrong, it always
has been, and it always will be. Quibbling about the exact dose is equally
futile.

I fail to understand why hp's are so eager to play the role of victim.  We
should acknowledge and correct our mistakes, and go on.  This dialogue is taking
on the tones that I might try with traffic police if I were caught running a red
light.  "There wasn't any accident, so I don't deserve a ticket."  I doubt that
this would work, and neither will your arguments work with the public.

It's not about dose, it's about trust.

Bill Lipton
liptonw@dteenergy.com