Re: Measuring N16

David

If you mean the gamma dose rate (there are some truely enormous betas
emitted by that nuclide), the Victoreen 450P has been challenged by such a
measurement, at the U of Lowell, I believe, and read only about 5 - 10
percent high (relative to a doserate of unity at 662 keV). If you mean the
beta dose, I don't see why any thin-windowed ion chamber wouldn't do the
job (although I eagerly await correction on this one). Of course, you'd
still have to worry about what correction factor to use.

Break a leg
cja
alstonc@odrge.odr.georgetown.edu

P.S. Please let us know what develops.