Re: Measuring N16

The Lowell University gang has done a bit of work on this... George Chabot
and Clay French.   I believe several students got master's projects out ot
N-16.  At Indian Point 3 some time ago, we did some instrument and dosimetry
work with N-16 in containment and found that in general, if you used
something roughly tissue equivalent, you get close enough for the approximate
readings you need for personnel protection.  You get into trouble (generally
over-response) with GM tubes with high Z materials in their walls and
dosimetry with lead filters for algorithms.   Also, if you're using it in a
containment building, the amount of noble gas could affect any vented ion
chambers.

Dennis Quinn
DAQ, Inc.
Fishkill, NY