RE: Uranium: ClF3, T.C.E. & P.C.E - French abbreviations

ClF^3 is chlorine trifluoride and it actually does exist.  It is listed in
Lewis' Hazardous Chemical Desk Reference and several other hazardous
material reference texts.  The CAS number is 7790-91-2 and the DOT
identification number is UN 1749.  It is described as a colorless gas to
yellow liquid, sweet odor, MP: -83C, bp: 11.8C, density 1.77g/cm3 at 13C.
It is a powerful oxidizer which reacts violently with oxidizable materials.
It undergoes violent reactions with many other materials.  Some of the other
descriptions I have seen posted are correct in describing its use in the
gaseous diffusion process.

Robert Gee
Lockheed Martin Energy Systems