Needed: Tritiated Thymidine Bioassay & Dosimetry Model

I have a researcher who is planning on doing work with tritiated thymidine.
We haven't had any onsite in tribal memory, and I've never had to deal with its
dosimetry.  My vague recollection from ages gone by was that the usual
tritiated water model didn't apply.  Can anyone help me out with references for
suitable models?  Does the ICRP-56 organically bound tritium model work for this
or
do I need something entirely different?

Thanks, in advance.

Gene Carbaugh, CHP