Re: Rad Safety Training - HazMat Team

Joe Greco (jgreco@kodak.com) at 12:25 PM 8/20/99  wrote:

>>I'm updating rad safety training ..... Do any radsafers have some good
rad-related
emergency response stories they can share.....?>>

	I remember talking to an elderly engineer at an engineers club meeting
about 20 years ago who told me about the time he was doing an emergency
survey in the basement of an old hospital when his "Geiger Meter" went
offscale, and he wondered why until he realized that he was in the hall
outside some old Xray rooms.  "It was the residual radiation from the
XRay machines!!"

Bob Scott, RPO
Roger Williams Medical Center
Providence, Rhode Island