Re: medical misadministration - deja vu all over again

Bill, I am not excusing and certainly agree that everything humanly
possible should be placed in the way of any mis-administration.
However, I submit that those HP's in industry or other non-medical
areas of the "nuclear industry" would find it hard to understand the
"mind-set" of people who administer hundreds or thousands of curies of
activity to patients every month, intentionally. The vast majority of
these events are due to "human error" and the very human response of
administering radioactivity or radiation for good. I can certainly see
where this can lower ones threshold of vigilance. The HP in industry on
the other hand works in an environment in which the radiation /
radioactivity is, at best, a necessary evil.  I have to believe this
inherently keeps the HP and the worker more alert to and diligent to
avoiding all unnecessary exposure / contamination.
Of course having said this, it only increases the need for tight,
consistent, and practiced safeguards against the lapses that are known
will occur.