From: J. J. Rozental [mailto:josrozen@netmedia.net.il]
Sent: Sunday, August 22, 1999 5:38 AM
To: Multiple recipients of list
Subject: Re: risk and the media

Sandy Perle wrote:
At 10:54 AM 8/17/99 -0500, you wrote:
>Having had the "pleasure" to stand in front of and to address the
>media on risks associated with radiation, radioactive effluent
>releases and long term consequences (during emergency exercises) for
>about 20 years, I come away with one conclusion; the media's goal is
>to SELL their story to the public.

        I am sorry to talk on this topic one week later, I was out of Israel
last week. However I would like to inform  the listners that last april was
published by the IAEA the TECDOC-1076 "Communications on nuclear, radiation,
transport and waste Safety: a practical handbook"
To those interested in receiving a copy, please send me an e mail and address.
I will redirect to the IAEA responsible officer.  I am sure the responsible
officer will provide the copy

J. J. Rozental
josrozen@netmedia.net.il
Israel