RE: assault

I'm not privy to what initiated this exchange, but maybe I can cast a little
light on the topic.  When a partial occlusion of a blood vessel is cleared
by surgery or interventional radiology, there is some abrasion to the cells
on the wall of the vessel.  The cells are stimulated to repair the damage
and occasionally over-respond restablishing the original occlusion.  The
purpose of the stent is to destroy a fraction of the new growth limiting it
to simple repair.