Re: FIDLERs and Hot Particles

At 16:33 01.09.1999 -0500, you wrote:
>My name is Craig Marianno and I am in the middle of my literature review
>for my Ph.D. in RHP at Oregon State University.  My research mainly
>revolves around FIDLERs and transuranic "hot particle" detection in the
>environment.  Unfortunately, articles on these two topics are difficult to
>locate and I believe much of the research in this area was completed
>around the 60s.  I was wondering if anyone may know of any
>articles/ grey papers out there on these subjects.  Any help would be
>welcome.

I actually do not know what a FIDLER is, but we have worked during our
sampling and measurement campaign on the Mururoa atoll with detection of
hot particles (Am-241 associated with plutonium).

If this is what you are interested in, please contact me at my private
e-mail address and I can give you the source, where you can find details.

Best regards,

Franz

Franz Schoenhofer
Habicherg. 31/7
A-1160 Vienna
Austria
Tel.: +43-1-495 53 08
Fax.: same number
mobile phone: +43-664-338 0 333
e-mail: schoenho@via.at

Office:
Hofrat Dr. Franz Schönhofer
Federal Institute for Food Control and Research
Department of Radiochemistry
Kinderspitalg. 15
A-1095 Vienna
Austria