VBG 1, VBG 4, VDE 100

Ross Mercer wrote:

> I am looking for confirmation that the following documents refer to laser
> safety:
>
> VBG 1, VBG 4, VDE 100
>
> Does anybody know of a possible source for these documents?

These sources are german.
VBG stands for Verband der Berufsgenossenschaften. VBG 1 is a common
part, there you will only find that the company has to provide eye
protection when there is dangerous radiation present. VBG 4 is upon
electrical equipment. Specific on laser radiation is VBG 93.
VDE is Verband deutscher Elektroingenieure. VDE 100 doesn't exist as the
numbers are 4-digit and neither VDE 0100 nor VDE 1000 are about laser,
the appropriate paper is VDE 0837.

Greetings, Harald

--
Harald Weiss                             weiss@esn.de
EnergieSystemeNord GmbH                  Tel.  +49-431-66 00-117