re: SI Units

daniel Boon wrote:

> I am surprise that the rest of the world is moving in the wrong direction.
> Instead of converting to the SI units, they should conform to the units used
> by the U.S.
>
> Lets look at this logically.
>
> Which country makes the most money?
> And which country has bailed the Europeans out of two World Wars?
>
> This in mind don't you think this transition should be moving in the
> opposite direction. If not, perhaps the other nations can jest stop doing
> business with the U.S. and see how long it will take them to change their
> minds.

I don't know if my message from home arrived at radsafe, as apparently
my provider's smtp-server is down, so I rewrite an answer from office.

These are no arguments that are suitable for a topical discussion,
neither are they suitable for a discussion among people who take their
opponents for what they are worth. With this kind of arguments I think
Daniel Boon disqualifies himself for taking part in this discussion.

As for myself I had to switch to new units as well, and by now I use the
old units only when I write something I want US-people to understand.

These are my opinions, which not necessarily coincide with those of my
boss or our customers.

Harald

--
Harald Weiss                             weiss@esn.de
EnergieSystemeNord GmbH                  Tel.  +49-431-66 00-117