RE: SI Units

Well, in point of fact the U.S. DID do that ... over a century ago.  It
didn't "take".

They tried again a bit over twenty years ago.   It didn't "take".

Does this say something about the attitudes of the two populations?   :-)

Dave Neil
neildm@id.doe.gov

p.s. When I started to send this the first time, my spellchecker choked on
"SI".  Sounds like an indication of an attitude to me.

On Tuesday, September 07, 1999 7:28 PM, Fritz A. Seiler
[SMTP:faseiler@nmia.com] wrote:
> As a way to convert to SI, I could suggest the German way (Sorry, but
> I have forgotten the year); they just legislated it: "As of Jan. 1, 19xx,
SI