Re: Your chance to participate in "Safety Trends" talk.

Brian,

I see a significant change in training materials being improved and becoming
more available. In the past, much of the training material has been directed
toward technicians in the professional support areas (i.e., HP tech, etc.).
Communication and training have been making a major leap forward. The focus
of training will be to standardize worker training and make it available
through distance learning (teleconference and internet). The focus will be
to enhance the worker using various resources in the workplace (general
workers versus the support technicians).

Several facilities and universities are beginning to develop better training
programs that do not require the learner to relocate to the university
environment. The cost of the training should become less per student
(hopefully). The quality will shift toward what the learner needs to know or
be able to do and less toward academic.

I hope I am right! I have been dedicating much of my time in this area recently.

John Pickering, RSO
San Jose State University
johnjp@email.sjsu.edu