Working Levels

Hi Radsafers,
I almost always agree with Dr. Cohen. But not this time.
I too understand working levels and even working level months.
But how bizarre we must seem to the scientific world speaking in these
specialized arcane terms.
Especially odd and confounding is "working level months per year"!
As a concept, the WL makes sense to an industrial hygienist or HP. But as a
unit of measure, it stinks.
Regards,
Wes
--
Wesley R. Van Pelt, Ph.D., CIH, CHP            KF2LG
President, Van Pelt Associates