RE: Choice of radiation units to use

At 09:28 AM 9/9/99 -0500, you wrote:
>Sandy  stated:
>
>The primary issue of conversion to SI units is not for those who are now
>entering the field, but what impact on the hundreds of thousands who are
>already "in the field".
>

>In conclusion, it's easy for one to say let's change, keep in stride
>with everyone else, when you don't have to deal with the serious
>consequences. It may be science in the end, but it's ultimately comes
>down to getting the job done. And that we are doing perfectly well in
>the traditional units today, and hopefully tomorrow, when common
>sense prevails.

Your argument took into account only social and economical parameters,  more
influenced on the economical ones.
Many arguments on this subject,  and easily to understand, do not prefer
changes considering  subjective factors (comfort x discomfort) rather than
objective.
Everyone has an attitude on the balance of advantages and disadvantages
Which one can be considered as positive attitude and which one can be
considered as  negative attitude?
===========================
Example of (comfort x discomfort)

Lew Cook stated:

I went over to Kazakhstan last year and dealt with field measurements of
radiation with Russian speaking colleagues who, also, were using
"meekro-Curie" and "meekro-Roentgen" units. Despite not having a common
language other than radiation units, we got along fantastically. Had they
spoken "SI", it would have been more difficult.

Bjorn Cedervall stated:

I want to thank those who responded about the Russian "mk" also. It became
clear that it referred to mikrobecquerel - and it was actually per liter of
air - the context was about air above mill tailings, open mine pits etc.

Who can quickly to understand the meaning of 1 micro Bq/liter or 27 aCi/liter?

J. J. Rozental
josrozen@netmedia.net.il
Israel
jjrozental