Re: more units

It's curious that the one radiological exposure unit that can be directly measured is the one that has been eliminated.  This goes hand in hand with the ICRP eliminating the body burden standard for bone seeking radionuclides; which has been just about the only radiation protection standard that is based on human data.  There seems to be a preference for scholastic debate and extrapolation over real data.  This bothers me - for this bridge player, one peek is worth 1000 finesses.  But, hey; the Middle Ages must have been good for something!

It's not about dose, it's about trust.

Bill Lipton
liptonw@dteenergy.com

Michael Stabin wrote:

However, I do concede that we need a special unit for exposure, the SI
committee has been intransigent on this.

Michael Stabin
Departamento de Energia Nuclear/UFPE
Av. Prof. Luiz Freire, 1000 - Cidade Universitaria
CEP 50740 - 540
Recife - PE
Brazil
Phone 55-81-271-8251 or 8252 or 8253