RE: Choice of radiation units to use

>Who can quickly to understand the meaning of 1 micro Bq/liter or 27
>aCi/liter?

I guess most scientists or health physics can't - regardless of whether they
are into SI or not (with the exception of people working daily with such
units). The microBq was brought up here because of a linguistic problem
(Russian text) - it was not part of the SI discussion. Besides the relevant
aspect of costs and safety (avoid misunderstanding) that we already
discussed - one key issue are all these conversion factors that aren't
decimal: 3, 8, 9, 16, 27, 144, yards in a mile (forgot that one - look you
_have to_ memorize all these - a kiloyard doesn't make a U.S. mile) and
3.7E10 of course.

Bjorn Cedervall, bcradsafers@hotmail.com