RE: Floor monitors: Model 239-1F

Mr. Pierson is correct - the Ludlum Model 239-1F can be readily operated in
dual mode.  We run ours with a Ludlum Model 2360 data logger, which
simultaneously logs alpha, beta, and crosstalk components.  It has a 500+
cm2 active window area.  BUT, like most gas flow proportional counters, it
has a relatively low efficiency for detecting gammas, and no standard
method for distinguishing gammas from betas.  Additionally, the system
doesn't come equipped with any self-propelled drive system, i.e., someone's
gotta push it.

As with most detection systems there are other caveats.  If you want to
talk more about the field operation of the floor monitor, you can contact
me & I'll try my best.  For design/operational/pricing information you
could contact Ludlum:

Ludlum Measurements, Inc.
Dwane Stevens, Sales Manager
Bill Huckabee, Robert Ludlum - Sales