Subject: Re: TLD-shielding replies
Author:  "Archer; Joe" <archerj@wipp.carlsbad.nm.us> at Internet
Date:    9/13/99 10:25 AM

To all the people who replied that all we needed to do was put up a control
badge. The rad material isn't stored near the rack, it sets there for 30
minutes before being accepted into the site. The control TLD isn't real
helpful because it would only tell you the rack dose. Since most people
would be wearing their badges when the TLD rack gets most of it's dose,
their TLD doses would be lower than the rack control TLD. If you tried to
subtract the rack dose as background, most people would come up with
negative dose values.  You would almost certainly have to use natural
background subtraction because you can't justify the rack background
subtraction value if you come up with a lot of negative doses. Then the
added dose to TLDs on the rack would have to be assigned as personnel dose.

As I mentioned in another email is that what I was really looking for was
comments on whether any other HPs find the falsifying of a shielding
calculation something that can only damage the credibility of all other HPs
or the profession in general.

Joe
archerj@wipp.carlsbad.nm.us