Re:RE: Surplus uranyl-nitrate - Let's Talk

> It is therefore still subject to any other regulations that
> apply to source material".

This is an interesting (yet true) statement.  In a practical sense, what does it
mean?  Per 10CFR40.22(b), a general license for source material exempts one from
10 CFR parts 19, 20 and 21.  So what is left?  I suppose DOT and waste disposal
regulations.

So, you can easily purchase the stuff, play with it however you like, give it to
your friends (provided DOT regs are met), but never dispose of it - at least not
cheaply.  In my opinion, uranium poses a greater radiological hazard when in
somebody's hands than when buried in the ground.  Where's the logic?

Rodney Bauman, CHP, RRPT
rodney_bauman@wssrap-host.wssrap.com