Re: electronic dosimeters

Sandy,

I think you are implying greater TLD accuracy than the NAVLAP standard
requires, especially in mixed fields.  As I remember from when I was involved
with NAVLAP the beta standard was +/- 50%.  We are routinely getting
agreement  better than +/- 10% EPD to TLD, and we don't calibrate either
dosimeter in house.  Different brands of TLD's or for that matter different
processors of the same brand TLD have trouble achieving +/- 5% agreement on a
gamma source (compare your environmental tld results to state colocated
tld's).

Doug Turner <DTu7266800@aol.com>