[Fwd: Job offer: radiation protection engineer or technician]

Dear collegues , this message is crossposted from radsafe-eu. Nationals
from the Member States of
CERN other than France and Switzerland may apply for this vacancy: Austria,
Belgium, Czech Republic,Denmark, Finland, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy,
Netherlands,Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovak Republic, Spain, Sweden and
United Kingdom. ATBW PH

>Dear radsafers,
>
>let me draw your attention once again to a job description recently posted
>on radsafe-eu. Despite the deadline given in the job offer recrution is
>still open and applications will still be accepted during the next one or
>two weeks (phone Dr.Forkel-Wirth for details). Initially duties will
>include radiation safety tasks at the
>ISOLDE-masspectrometer/post-accelerator (RSO?).
>
>Though its a fixed-term contract one should note that the sucessfull
>candidate might have a 80% chance to be accepted if she/he will apply for
>long-term/permanent positions becoming available in the future. The head of
>the spectrometric laboratory will retire three years from now. Who knows?  ;-)
>
>You are welcome to distribute the information contained in this posting at
>your convenience.
>
>Kind regards
>Peter Hill
>ex-ISOLDE-Fellow :-)

>CERN opened a position for a technician or an engineer in radiation
>protection. The full job descriptions can be found on the WWW page of CERN's
>recruitment service:
>
>http://www.cern.ch/CERN/Divisions/PE/HRS/Recruitment/
>
>The corresponding code numbers are TIS-RP-99-66B-LD (engineer) and
>TIS-RP-99-66-LD (technician).
>
>Persons interested in this job are cordially invited to send their
>application as soon as possible to CERN's recruitment service:
>
>Recruitment Service
>Personnel Division
>CERN
>CH-1211 Geneva 23
>Switzerland
>
>In case of questions don't hesitate to contact either CERN's recruitment
>office or Dr. Doris Forkel-Wirth, CERN/TIS-RP, tel: +41 22 767 4581
>
>------------------------------
>
>------------------------------
>
>Technical Engineer
>(Radiation Protection)
>in the Technical Inspection and Safety Commission,
>Radiation Protection Group
>
>To work in a radiation survey section within CERN’s Radiation Protection
Group,
> [...]
>· processing, evaluating and analysing data and writing regular survey
reports.

>Education:
>Higher technical diploma in radiation protection, applied physics or in a
>related field.
>Experience and Knowledge:
>Up to five years’ experience in one or more of the following fields :
>operational radiation
>protection, applied physics or nuclear engineering. Familiarity with
>measurement
>instrumentation for radiation protection and knowledge in radionuclide
>analysis. Basic
>knowledge of data processing and programming. Good knowledge of either
>English or
>French; basic knowledge of the other language or an undertaking to acquire
>it rapidly.
>
>· This position includes the participation in an 'on call' radiation
>protection service,
>with one week of duty approximately every 6 weeks.
>· Occasionally, these functions may require work outside normal working hours.
>· We offer a contract of limited duration of 3 years with a possibility of
>renewal once.
>The total period of employment on contracts of limited duration is 6 years
>at most.
>This contract is not convertible into an indefinite contract. However,
>holders of
>contracts of limited duration may apply later for published long-term
>vacancies.
>· This job is also published in career path VI with the corresponding
>functions and
>qualification requirements adjusted accordingly.
>

>Reference: TIS-RP-99-66-LD
>Date: 28.05.1999
>Code: 315
>Career Path: V
>
>Nationals from the Member States of
>CERN may apply for this vacancy:
>Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic,
>Denmark, Finland, France, Germany,
>Greece, Hungary, Italy, Netherlands,
>Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovak
>Republic, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland
>and United Kingdom.
>In line with our policy of Equal
>Opportunities, we encourage both men
>and women with relevant qualifications
>to apply.
>This vacancy will be filled as soon as
>possible, and applications should
>normally reach us no later than 10
>weeks from the date of publication.
>Application forms and information on
>terms of service may be obtained from the
>Web (www.cern.ch/jobs/), or from:
>Recruitment Service
>Personnel Division
>CERN
>CH-1211 Geneva 23
>Switzerland.
>Fax +41 22 767 27 50
>e-mail Recruitment.Service@cern.ch
>Applications will normally remain valid
>for 12 months. Candidates will be
>contacted only if invited for interview.

Dr.Peter Hill                                phone : +49-2461-61-5081
Forschungszentrum Jülich GmbH                fax   : +49-2461-61-3726
ASS-BS/P                                     mailto: p.hill@fz-juelich.de
D-55245 Jülich

listmanager RADSAFE-EU (European Radiation Safety Mailing List)

the following two lines in the body of the message:
subscribe radsafe-eu
end