RE: Asking for opinions -Reply

Just prior to the RadCon Manual going into effect, one DOE facility I am
familiar with had not figured out how to properly maintain a badge board and
was not willing make workers responsible for picking up and returning their
TLDs to a specified location.  They opted to let every one take their TLDs
home to beat the requirements of Article 511.8 ("The practice at some
facilities of taking TLDs off-site is discouraged and shall not be
implemented where not in place.").  A "technical basis" was done to "bless"
the off-site dose as being the same as background at any given badge rack.

Baynard Turpin
Regulatory Compliance/Performance Assessments
Rocky Flats Environmental Technology Site
ENERCON SERVICES, Inc.
baynard.turpin@rfets.gov