RE: Food poisoning

Yes, but irradiating the food before the botulism organisms have a chance to
grow and produce the toxins, does help.

[Maclellan, Jay A]

Just wondering if I am correct about this. I can see what you mean about
irradiating would not help, because you cannot irradiate food yourself.
Also, the toxins are released when the can is sealed up, and cooking the
stuff as said earlier does not harm the toxins, but does kill the organism
that makes it.