Re: Question -Exposure rate measurement

If you're interested in the exposure rate as close to the surface as practical,
I would suggest the use of appropriately calibrated TLDs.

Brian R. Gaulke, CHP
Head, Dosimetry Section
Radiation Protection Bureau
Health Canada
(613) 941-0143
brian_gaulke@hc-sc.gc.ca

"Tracy Kiellman" <tkiellman@hotmail.com> on 99/09/22 19:01:28

Please respond to radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu

To:   Multiple recipients of list <radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu>
cc:    (bcc: Brian Gaulke)

Subject:  Question -Exposure rate measurement

I am trying to figure out the best way to measure the exposure rate at the
surface of a small lead pig containing about 20 mCi of Tc99m.  The pig
dimensions are 1 inch in diameter by 7 inches tall.  Any suggesions on the
best instrument/method to use?