Re: Ra226/K40

NCRP Report No. 50, "Environmental Radiation Measurements", Section 2.2.2,
pages 16ff, discusses the distribution of radionuclides in soil.  Table 2.7
lists mean specific activities for Ra-226 and K-40 of 8.0 E-13 Ci/g and 1.0
E-11 Ci/g, respectively.  This is a ratio of 0.08.  However the table also
shows that these can vary by a factor of approximately 2-3, so your value is
on the chart.

It's  not about dose, it' about trust.

Bill Lipton
liptonw@dteenergy.com