RE: personrem/personSievert

At 06:10 PM 9/28/99 -0500, you wrote:
>At the risk of being repetitious: we have used "person-rem" and
>"person-sievert" since 1989.  I checked a few references, and BEIR V uses
>this  also.  We used this terminology in the WIPP compliance certification
>application.  The NRC uses it, I believe (at list we did as NRC
>contractors).  I first heard the term in the late 1980s, so I thought it was
>general usage.   I do find it felicitous, though.
>
>Ruth F. Weiner, Ph. D.
>Sandia National Laboratories
>MS 0718, POB 5800
>Albuquerque, NM 87185-0718
>505-844-4791; fax 505-844-0244
>rfweine@sandia.gov

==================================
1) ICRP 60 and, at  the best of my knowledge,  the following documents do
not mention man or person to characterize the unit of collective dose.
The previous ICRP, as ICRP 33: Protection Against Ionizing Radiation from
External Sources Used in Medicine, March, 1981 express the unit of
collective dose as  man-Sievert

2) The last IAEA Basic Safety Standards, Safety Series 115, 1996 mention
also men-Sv

3) The great majority of papers presented at IRPA Conference, as 1992 and
1996, also expressed  the unit of Collective Dose as man.Sv

J. J. Rozental
josrozen@netmedia.net.il
Israel

jjrozental