From: Christoph_Hofmeyr/CNS1@cns.co.za
[mailto:Christoph_Hofmeyr/CNS1@cns.co.za]
Sent: Friday, October 01, 1999 8:55 AM
To: Multiple recipients of list
Subject: Re: Units of high dose

Radsafers,
The Japanese criticality accident which has been filling the headlines, has
apparently caused severe radiation injury to a few workers.  Possible doses
received have been reported in Sievert.  The question I would like to pose
to the experts: in the dose range where deterministic effects are
prevalent, is it not more correct to measure in Gray?
Chris Hofmeyr